Tuesday, July 30, 2013

孩子,我們熬過來了! We Have Overcome, Son!

1982年,在Cibola Village Apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico
1982年,在Cibola Village Apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico
八歲那年,在新墨州 Eight years old, played at Pope Joy Hall with the New Mexico Symphony and Orchestra, played for the whole Albuquerque Public School Students for a whole week
八歲那年,和 3個十歲女孩與州交響樂團合作為所有APS 公立小學學生演奏了四天八場
Eight years old, played at Pope Joy Hall with the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra; played 2 concerts each day continually for 4 days for all the Albuquerque Public School elementary students
記得你在九歲生日的時候,用你練琴得到的錢為媽媽買了一個項鍊嗎? Remember that you used your violin-practice-reward money to buy Mama a necklace?
記得你九歲生日的時候,用你練琴及演奏賺得的錢、在達拉斯為媽媽買了一個項鍊嗎?
Remember that you used your reward money to buy Mama a necklace at Dallas on your 9-year-old birthday?
記得你和媽媽兩人騎車環繞天使島嗎? Remember you and Mama biked around the Angel Island?
記得你11歲、我們住在神學院的時候、你和媽媽兩人騎單車環繞天使島嗎?
Remember when you were 11 and we lived in Golden Gate Seminary, you and Mama used to bike around Angel Island?
從金門神學院回到ABQ之後的第一隻小狗 Your first dog Brownie after we move back from the Golden Gate Seminary
攝於Glorieta, New Mexico 與我們從金門神學院回到ABQ之後的第一隻小狗
At Glorieta, New Mexico with our first dog after we moved back from Golden Gate Seminary
當年最愛你的兩個女人,現在我和你姊都敵不過她 The two women who loved you the most, now neither your sister nor your mom can compete with her
當年最愛你的兩個女人,現在,我和你姊都已敵不過 "她"-- 你生命中最重要的一個女人
These women used to love you the most, now neither your Jiejie nor your Mama can ever compete with "her" -- the most important one woman in your life
姊姊結婚之前最後一張全家合照 Our last family photo before your sister got married
姊姊結婚之前的最後一張全家合照
Our last family photo before your sister got married
加油,兒子! Way to go, Son!
加油,兒子!
Way to go, Son!
願你成長,如海的容量! May you grow, I pray, as the capacity of the Ocean
願你成長,如海的容量!
May you grow, I pray, into the capacity as of the Ocean!
生日快樂,我們最親愛的兒子! Happy birthday, our dearest and most beloved son!
生日快樂,我們最親愛的兒子!
Happy birthday, our dearest and most beloved son!
不知道為什麼,在你 31歲生日的前夕,媽媽忽然想起了25年前我為你寫的那篇文章;那是你生命中媽媽寫你所刊登出來的第一篇作品。

孩子,我們熬過來了!(刊載於導向雜誌)

那一年,你光榮地熬過了生命中的第一個難關。二十五年來,媽媽看見你一路掙扎、一路得勝。二十五年來,媽媽以禱告托住你、感恩不斷。

如果,再過 25年,媽媽還被上帝留在地上,她將會更感恩、更驕傲地看見她兒子在基督裏的繼續得勝。

那時,好不好你帶老媽去喝杯咖啡、小坐一會兒,慶祝你生命的不斷圓熟,也慶祝媽媽生你的 56週年紀念?
 
Don’t know why, but sometime before your birthday, I all of a sudden recalled the very first article that I wrote and published for you twenty-25 years ago:

We have overcome, Son! (Published on the Steering Magazine)


That was the year when you endured life’s first obstacle in triumph.  For the following 25 years, I have witnessed more struggles and victories in your life, and my prayers and thankfulness have never ceased.

Should in 25 more years God still keeps me on earth, I know I will be more thankfully and proudly to see your continuous victories in Christ.

Then will you take your old mother for a cup of coffee so we could rest a little bit and celebrate your life’s continuous growth as well as Mama’s 56 anniversary for giving the birth to you?

This lady loves you, and she will love you for ever and ever.....
This beautiful lady is the most important person in your whole life; she loves you, and she will love you for ever and ever.....
 
But don't forget, this lady also loves you, and she loves the two of you.....
But don't forget, this lady also loves you, and she loves "the two of you"......

Happy Birthday, my Son!






No comments :

Post a Comment